1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and our ultimate guide for truth. As a church, we are dealing with real people and real spiritual issues. Therefore, we believe that the Bible is the ultimate answer for real life, and spiritual issues that face us every day. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
“Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.” (Psalm 119:24)
2. We value a vision driven ministry. As a church, every ministry we provide and participate in must be guided by our vision, not by programs, personalities, buildings, or budgets. “Where there is no vision the people perish.” (Proverbs 29:18)
3. We value diversity in the body of Christ. As a community of believers, we care about the heart, not the skin, the clothes, or the body art. We believe the church should be a home for people of every color, shape, personality, age, ethnicity, story, and socio-economic background. We should be able to befriend and do life with people who are as unique and different as we are.
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28) “For the body is not one member, but many. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.” (1 Corinthians 12:14, 25)
4. We value discipleship. When someone becomes part of the NMBC family, we are careful to help them discover their spiritual giftedness, and to become a committed follower of Christ, actively involved in ministry. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19)
5. We value serving others. As a church, we believe in following the example set by Jesus. “For even the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
6. We value missions. As a church we support missions by prayer, by financially giving, and by being intentional in giving.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses, in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)